Need Help with Housing?

September 30, 2016

One of the most common problems among people living with HIV in Vermont, and across the country, is trouble maintaining stable housing. Whether it's due to an inability to pay rent, conflict with the landlord, etc., there are resources to help. This is by no means a comprehensive list, and eligibility for these programs varies person to person, but it might be a helpful place to start.


One resource available to everyone in Vermont is the Consumer Advocate! Call 802-917-5780 if you're in need of assistance connecting to services or making the most of services.


Secondarily, there are other organizations, government agencies and nonprofits, that are here to help. If you are not already connected with the Vermont State Housing Authority, they can provide information about Section 8 housing, their Rent Assistance Program, and get you on a waiting list for various programs. The Vermont Center for Independent Living is focused on empowering people with disabilities to live with the dignity and access, and they can set you up with a peer advocate to help you through the process.


Get in contact with your local Community Action Agency. They have resources to help with rent, housing, and more.

Southwest: BROC

Southeast: SEVCA

Champlain Valley: CVOEO

North East Kingdom: NEKCA

CentralCapstone VT


Other resources:

Rutland County: Homeless Prevention Center

Committee on Temporary Shelter: COTS


If you aren't getting the help you need or don't know where to start, don't hesitate to contact the Consumer Advocate at 802-917-5780.

Please reload

Featured Posts

Join us this summer for another wonderful, educational, and relaxing retreat!

The retreat will held from July 13-16, and we are thrilled to have a new...

The 27th Annual Gathering of Friends

April 1, 2017

Please reload

Recent Posts

December 2, 2016

September 30, 2016

September 2, 2016

Please reload